Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This blog is dedicated to Grandma Jewell who was an amazing quilter. We both think we inherited her gene for quilting. She was one of those who pulled threads to make sure each piece was straight. Everything was hand pieced and hand quilted. Her quilts have become treasured keepsakes - heirlooms for sure. We hope she is looking down and smiling on us as we haunt fabric stores and make up designs. I'm sure she thinks we're slackers by not hand stitching but I've done that quite a few times and I'd rather get a quilt done sooner so I can enjoy it. So here's to you Grandma. We love you!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you post! You are so sweet to teach and inspire us in making cute blankets. I've really enjoyed hanging out with the girls with our sewing machines humming in the back ground. You are such a great friend and I'm thankful for the talents you have shared with us:)! Your awesome!!

    ReplyDelete