Thursday, April 2, 2009

My new favorite quilt shop in Utah!

My Mom and I checked out Material Girls Quilts in Salt Lake a few weeks ago. I LOVED it! I can't begin to tell you how fun and amazing this shop is. Anyway, my mom bought this fabric for a tote bag for church.
She hasn't been feeling great lately so I made it up for her. Didn't it turn out cute? No, I didn't use a pattern but it was easy and I can tell you how if you want to make one.

The cutest part was this flower. Don't you love it?!? It took about 5 minutes to make it. I used a cookie cutter for the black polka dot part. I wonder undered 2 black fabric pieces together and then cut it out in the flower shape. The purple striped pattern was cut out in a circle. I gathered along the edges and stuffed some batting in as I pulled it tight. Then I just hand stitched it onto the black part and then onto the bag. Easy.
Oh yes, and go check out Material Girls Quilts and then let me know what you think, ok?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment