Friday, May 8, 2009

Hmmmm. . . what can I do with this?

I bought this old tackle box at a yard sale years ago and never got around to doing anything with it. It looked really horrible and I just stored it in the garage. Every time I would put it in the pile for D.I., Carissa would throw a fit. So the last time I went to throw it away I decided it was time to do something with it. I sanded and sanded and sanded and then varnished and steelwooled and varnished some more. With new hinges, corners, and handle, it turned out great I think. This is what Carissa got for a Christmas present but since she couldn't haul it back on the plane, I have it here and thought I would share.
There is a place for all of her sewing and quilting supplies in here.

Even a cute little divided drawer to keep things organized. I covered thin cardboard with warm and natural and some fabric and hot glued them in place. (The bottoms of the drawers were kind of icky like maybe there had been fish guts in them - don't worry, I scrubbed them first)
Anyway, next time you are going to throw a "treasure" like this away, think of what it could become with not very much work. I loved how this turned out!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I love it! That is a great box for supplies!
    I LOVE your purse pattern by the way! I may come and borrow it! I got some cute patterns for my mom for Mother's Day. You have some of them, but you may not have them all. We will come on over!

    ReplyDelete