Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy . . . Busy

I found this quilt top that my mom had made for my oldest daughter years ago. It was hidden away in my cedar chest. I think the plan was for me to hand quilt it when she got married but I don't have time for that so I decided to machine quilt it. It was a really huge quilt so I cut it down a little and put a few squares on the back.
Since it was pieced many years ago, I just used the scraps I had left and pieced them together for the back along with a few squares that were supposed to cover the bed pillows. I think it turned out kind of fun for a back and was a great way to use up the scraps.

I also quilted this heart quilt that I made up the pattern for. It is a "Buggy Barn" style stack and whack that was really easy.
I just love Conference because I can sit around in my pajamas and get all of my hand sewing done. I finally got this baby quilt bound. I just used scraps but I LOVE it! And I even got it done before the baby turns 8 or 9 years old - just kidding!
I also got this cute little quilt top quilted. Carissa made it for one of our friends who also had a baby. She did the top and I quilted it and bound it. It actually matches her car seat that I recovered for her.
I even got a friend's quilt stippled for her. This is her very first quilt and she made it for her granddaughter who is having a birthday this Friday so she didn't want to try to quilt it herself. I love the pinks and browns!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment