Monday, November 30, 2009

More surprises for Carissa

What is more fun than surprises? I brought a few quilt tops home from Carissa's unbeknownst to her and decided to finish them up to surprise her.
I love this quilt! It is so fun and cheerful and full of Heather Bailey's prints. I quilted each block with a big flower.
Luckily she had given me her scraps to make me a quilt top so I had them to piece together a back. Loved how it turned out!
Tyler had picked this fabric out so I found a yummy micro fleece throw at Walmart for $5.00 for the back. I used regular batting so it is nice and puffy - but it was a total pain to stipple because of bulk.
And of course I had to make something for the youngest munchkin so Meili got a doll quilt out of some scraps. I finished everything up and shipped it off to Carissa with the hope she would receive it on "one of those days" and I think today fit that bill exactly. Enjoy Cris!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment