Sunday, November 22, 2009

We pulled off a really great SURPRISE

Two weeks ago Grandma, Mom and Sister showed up in Omaha to surprise Carissa. We were afraid she had got wind of us coming but nope, she was surprised. We had the best "Girl's Night Out" for 4 whole days. We checked out all the antique stores (Carissa will have to post the darling quilt cupboard she bought once it is painted)
I can't just sit around so I had Carissa put me to work on some of her UFOs. She has even more quilt tops that need to be quilted than I do - Scary thought! I had seen a cute tree pillow on another blog (http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/10/tutorial-scrap-buster-fall-pillow.html) (thanks Lauren!) so I made one up for her to go with this . . .
This is Carissa's favorite quilt ever. It is Camille Roskelly's pint sized Wild Thing pattern. It was one of her UFOs so I quilted it.I haven't done a small stipple for a long time but I must say it turned out pretty good and the quilt is darling.
There was not quite enough fabric for the back so I just added a strip of coordinating fabric. Cute, huh?
And when I put the quilt and the pillow together I realized they were from the same fabric. I know, it takes me awhile sometimes.
We visited the 2 quilt stores in Omaha.
I helped her with her "Dental Wives" quilt. All the wives of the dental students got together and made 24 of the same quilt block and then exchanged them so they had 24 different ones. This just needed to be quilted too.
We got her autumn table runners bound.
And we made a flannel chenille baby quilt. I'll have to get the pictures off the other camera to show you how easy it is. All in all, we had such a great time doing projects, shopping, staying up late, having her husband cook for us (what a nice guy to let us invade him and then he cooks for us!), playing with the grandkids, painting treasures found at antique stores and meeting all of her wonderful friends. Soooooo fun!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Here's your credit for the adorable pillow! http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/10/tutorial-scrap-buster-fall-pillow.html

    I can't wait to make one myself! I love your dots and pinwheels too!

    http://laurenaphelps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to meet you. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!! ive ran across your blog and must say you do fantastic work!!! keep it up!! ive sewn awhile...but new to quilting i hope to creat wonderful beautiful heirloom quilts like you have made!! props!!!

    ReplyDelete