Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meili's Bedspread

It is time for this little "Princess" to move into a big girl bed. She decided a while ago that she didn't like her crib anymore so Carissa is in the process of redoing an antique metal bed for her room. So this grandma had to make her a quilt for her new bed.
Actually I had made the top out of Hushabye but when Carissa saw it she decided it just had to be Meili's bedspread. Don't you just hate it when it takes you forever to get something finished and then you find you forgot to get binding or enough for the borders or something and by now the fabric is long gone? I had to add the pink border to make it big enough for the double bed so I used the backing I had purchased earlier and then found some other scraps to piece the back.
It was a little bigger than I like to quilt on my machine but I loved how it turned out. I did little flowers in the small center squares and loops around the middle squares and then just stippled the rest of the quilt. Can't wait to see it on her big girl bed. Carissa will have to post pictures of the room when it is done. I am also making a special pillow to go with the quilt.
Photobucket

1 comment: