Friday, March 27, 2009

Hello from the Heart Land!

Hi, First of all let me introduce myself. I am Carissa, I had this great idea to start up this blog with sorta an online journal of all my quilts and sewing projects...... Well..... I told my mom who is an AMAZING quilter (and anything home made) about my idea- she said lets do it together. Of course I then got really busy and never posted so my mom (shannon) has made it more of a Shannon show and tell more than me. SORRY!!! SO, here are some catch up posts. 

OH HOW I WISH I HAD TIME TO QUILT..... OH HOW I WISH I HAD TIME TO POST ON MY BLOG...... 


Here is the latest project I did. We had a bunch of Dental Wives get together and sew a Friendship quilt. We each made a quilt block -using the same pattern (Thimble Blossoms Wild Thing). 
All the girls who did it. (except for like 3 of them). I LOVE all these girls and am so glad I have a quilt to remember each of them by. 
Each girl made 25 of the same blocks out of a color that she was given (we chose spring time colors).  She was in charge of sewing them up and was given about one month. Then we all got together and swapped our blocks. It was so fun to see what everyone chose. I haven't yet put my blocks all together. When I do I will post the finished product. Along with the different ways people put them together. 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment