Friday, March 27, 2009

Yep, we're slackers. Ok, not really.


Sorry we have been such slackers lately. Carissa and I both have new and very busy callings. I'm tagging her so she has to do the next post because hmmmmmmmm, I think I'm the only one that has posted anything on the Shannon AND Carissa quilt blog. You might have to just accept the sewing blog for a while.

This is what I have been insanely busy with. Not quilting but sewing! I finally finished all of the pioneer bonnets (along with 10 not pictured that went to leaders) for the girls who are going on our pioneer trek. I also resewed their skirts (you know what I mean if you have ever turned 12-16 year old girls lose with sewing machines.) and put the waistbands on.
I have been making shawls, overseeing the making of 74 baby quilts for Humanitarian Aid (in memory of the 74 babies and children that died from the Martin and Willie Handcart Companies), making pins and posters for girl's camp, and now making "Possible" bags. Yep, I am the trek coordinator and loving every busy minute of it - only bad thing is no time for quilting.

The girl's theme for camp has to do with flowers so we are incorporating that into our "Possible" bags for the trek. These bags hold everything that they would "possibly" need - water bottle, journal, sunscreen, etc. I saw this fun idea on a quilt at Deseret Book and have wanted to try it for a while. I will be making about 30 of these so I will take pictures to show you how easy it is to do it. When they're washed they are even cuter! Well, that's all for now (isn't that enough?)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Shannon I would love to help with your humanitarian project! I have been trying to think of what to do to get hours for my humanitarian related class. Let me know what I can do to help

    ReplyDelete